Black Bean Chili
This hearty chili is great for dinner and reheats wonderfully for lunch.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 4 oz. all-natural tomato paste
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles (with liquid)
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chile powder
- 1 (16-oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (16-oz.) can cannellini (white) beans, drained, rinsed
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
Add broth, tomato paste, chiles, cumin, chili powder, black beans, and cannellini beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook at a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Ladle evenly into six serving bowls.