Matzo Ball Soup
When it comes to Passover foods, there aren’t many recipes more classic than matzo ball soup. Here’s a healthier version to enjoy this year.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup matzo meal, whole-grain
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided use
- 3 Tbsp. club soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, shredded, warm
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
Combine eggs, matzo, 3 Tbsp. oil, club soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
Add carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; gently boil.
Roll matzo mixture into 2 Tbsp. sized balls.
Add matzo balls to broth; gently boil, covered, for 20 min. Do not remove lid while cooking.
Evenly divide chicken between eight serving bowls. Top evenly with matzo balls, broth, pepper, and dill. Serve immediately.